We’re more affordable than you think! In fact, 100 percent of freshmen receive financial aid, and our tuition is straight forward with no hidden fees. USF is the best value in the region.
Affordability at a Glance:
- More than $23 million in financial aid is awarded annually .
- More than 500 students receive academic scholarships annually.
- More than 380 students receive performance scholarships annually.
- More than 400 students receive endowed scholarships annually.
- More than 135 campus work-study jobs available annually.
Apply For Financial Aid
USF makes it easy. Your biggest responsibilities are to maintain your records and complete each step of the process as early as possible. Follow these 6 Steps, and you’ll be ready for USF in no time.
- Apply for admission as early as possible. Financial Aid Packages cannot be offered until you are accepted for admission. Your admission application serves as your application for most USF scholarships as well. For those requiring a separate application, continue to Step 2.
- Complete scholarship applications as soon as you’re accepted for admission. Check out the complete list of scholarships, criteria, applications and deadlines.
- Apply for a PIN. You and at least one parent or guardian should apply for a Department of Education PIN (personal identification number) at pin.ed.gov before attempting the next step. Your PIN will serve as your electronic signature online.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible after January 1. Include the USF school code (003469). It is important to remember that USF has a priority filing date of March 1 for the FAFSA.
- Complete the verification process if you are selected.
- Receive Financial Aid Package. Starting in early March, once you’ve completed the above steps, a Financial Aid Package will be sent to your home. Then, you can investigate outside sources for scholarships and assistance from your community, high school or church.
Financial Aid Office
Our staff in the USF Financial Aid Office will make the process of understanding, applying and receiving financial aid as simple as possible. Visit our Financial Aid Office for more detailed information.