We’re more affordable than you think!
There’s a perception that a private Christian liberal arts education is expensive. Thanks to an aggressive scholarship program and a variety of financial aid opportunities, your costs for tuition and fees at the University of Sioux Falls may be even less than you’d pay at a public university.
Affordability at a Glance:
- More than $23 million in financial aid is awarded annually at USF.
- More than 500 students each year receive some type of academic scholarship.
- More than 125 students each year receive art, music or theatre scholarships.
- More than 150 students each year have work-study jobs on campus.
Of USF students, 97 percent receive some type of financial aid. This means there is a great chance you’ll receive some, too.
Apply For Financial Aid
USF makes it easy. Your biggest responsibilities are to maintain your records and complete each step of the process as early as possible. Follow these 5 Steps, and you’ll be ready for USF in no time.
- Apply for admission as early as possible. Financial aid offers cannot be made until you are accepted for admission. Your admission application serves as your application for most USF scholarships as well. For those requiring a separate application, continue to Step 2.
- Complete scholarship applications as soon as you’re accepted for admission. Check out the complete list of scholarships, criteria, applications and deadlines.
- Apply for a PIN. You and at least one parent or guardian should apply for a Department of Education PIN (personal identification number) at pin.ed.gov before attempting the next step. Your PIN will serve as your electronic signature online.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible after January 1. Include the USF school code (003469). It is important to remember that USF has a priority filing date of March 1 for the FAFSA.
- Watch for USF’s award letter. Once you have received your Official Award Notification through the USF Financial Aid Office, you can investigate other sources for scholarships and outside assistance to help deter further costs.
Financial Aid Office
Our staff in the USF Financial Aid Office will make the process of understanding, applying, and receiving financial aid as simple as possible. Visit our Financial Aid Office for more detailed information.